Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you're looking for Singapore Chicken Rice (Khao Man Kai) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Singapore Chicken Rice (Khao Man Kai) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Singapore Chicken Rice (Khao Man Kai) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Your Diet Better With These Helpful Tips.
Ordinarily, people who try to improve their diet do so in an attempt to get rid of excess weight or improve their overall health. Even though making improvements on your diet is a great goal, it is not easy to do and calls for a strong commitment. From personal experience, it can be a little too much to totally change your diet, so changing things little by little can work better. Try to substitute whole foods for a few of your favorite junk food snacks. Here are severala few suggestions for making improvements on your diet.
Try not to eat too much at one time. Small meal portions are the healthiest way to go. Mot people binge simply because the food is accessible. In the beginning, we feel very hungry, but by the time we clean our plate, we have eaten way too much. When you consume too much food, your belly expands and demands more food to feel full, which in turn can prompt you to put on a few extra pounds. The best approach is to cut back on your food portions little by little so that your tummy will become accustomed to it and eventually become small again.
Simply adopting these five tips can make a great impact on your health and how heavy you are. These suggestions are not hard to carry out so there’s no excuse to ignore them!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to singapore chicken rice (khao man kai) recipe. To make singapore chicken rice (khao man kai) you only need 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Singapore Chicken Rice (Khao Man Kai):
- Prepare 3 to 4 ●Chicken (thigh or breast, either are fine)
- You need 3 cm unpeeled ●Ginger
- Get 2 clove ●Garlic
- Take 1 to 2 stalks ●Japanese leek (green part)
- Use 2 tbsp ●Sake
- Use 1 tsp ●Salt
- Use 360 ml Uncooked rice (jasmine rice, etc.)
- Use For the fish sauce based sauce:
- You need 2 tbsp Pasta cooking water
- You need 2 tbsp Fish sauce
- Prepare 1 piece, finely chopped Ginger for the poaching water
- Get 1 piece, finely chopped Ginger
- You need 1 dash Coriander (fresh or dried)
- Get 1 dash Sesame oil
- Prepare 1 pinch Sugar
- Use To serve on the side:
- You need 1 Cucumber, tomato, lettuce, etc.
- Prepare 1 Storebought sweet chili sauce
Steps to make Singapore Chicken Rice (Khao Man Kai):
- Put all the ● ingredients in a pan, add lots of water, and start cooking. (Remove any scum that rises diligently.)
- When the water comes to a rolling boil, turn the heat off immediately and leave the pan as-is for about 30 minutes.
- Use some of the poaching liquid to cook the rice in a rice cooker. Add some fish sauce, salt and pepper to taste to the rice.
- Combine the fish sauce-based sauce ingredients. Slice the chicken just before serving.
- To make a soup with the poaching liquid: Heat the liquid up in a small pan, and season with nam pla, salt and pepper. A little lemon juice is delicious too.
- Eat the chicken and rice in any way you like. Try mixing the chicken, rice and sauce together - delicious!
If you find this Singapore Chicken Rice (Khao Man Kai) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.