Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Balinese Fish Satay (Satay Lilit Ikan) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Balinese Fish Satay (Satay Lilit Ikan) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting tips about Adding Fish To Your Diet Regime Can Be An Incredibly Healthy Choice.
Most people actually want to live a healthier life, but you’re going to find that the foods they eat do not actually reflect this choice. The very first thing you’re going to have to do to be able to begin living healthier is eliminate all of the foods that you eat which are high in fat. Something you should realize is that you do not need to give up the variety in your life by eliminating these foods as there are plenty of types of fish that can take their place. There are many benefits that fish can have on your health and as you continue to read you are going to find that will be speaking about a few of these benefits.
The majority of fish is naturally low in fat, obviously this isn’t true with regards to salmon, but even salmon will provide your body with the necessary omega three that it needs. You’re going to find that while omega three is actually a fatty acid this is the type of fats that your body needs to maintain a healthy heart. I ought to point out that fish actually has plenty of protein in it, which means if you end up giving up high fatty foods like meats, you are going to still be getting all the protein you need with fish.
At this time you should realize why eating fish is so vital to your health, and you now realize that there are many ways the you can begin getting more of this into your daily eating routine. Because there are many different techniques to prepare fish, you will never need to worry about becoming bored with eating as much of this as you would like.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to balinese fish satay (satay lilit ikan) recipe. You can cook balinese fish satay (satay lilit ikan) using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Balinese Fish Satay (Satay Lilit Ikan):
- Prepare 300 gr white fish fillet (just the meat). I use batang/mackerel fish
- Get 70 ml oil
- Use 1 bayleaf
- Provide 3 lime leaves, remove the stem, finely sliced
- Provide 1/4 tsp tamarind paste (asam jawa)
- You need 1 stalk lemongrass, just the white part, very finely sliced
- Provide 50 gr fresh grated coconut
- Take 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- Provide 3/4 tsp salt
- Prepare 1/4 tsp pepper
- You need Spices Paste (put all these ingredients in food processor)
- Prepare 2 pcs big red chillies
- Provide 1 cm ginger
- Get 5 shallots
- Prepare 3 garlics
- Take 1 cm turmeric, grilled in the stove fire first
- Take 3 candlenuts, toast without oil in a pan to brown it first
- Take Sticks For The Satay
- You need 15-20 pcs lemongrass, peel the outer layer and gently pound the white parts
Steps to make Balinese Fish Satay (Satay Lilit Ikan):
- Prepare all spices. Put in the food processor together with 70 ml oil until become a smooth paste
- Heat the pan, fry the spice paste, add bay leaf, sliced lime leaves, and fry until fragrant
- Separate the fish meat from any skin or bones. Put in food processor and pulse until smooth
- Mix the fish paste with spices paste, add tamarind paste, finely chopped lemongrass (1 stalk), salt, brown sugar, pepper, fresh grated coconut. Mix well. If you use, desiccated coconut, please dehydrate it first with some water/coconut milk.
- Using plastic gloves, wrap the fish to lemongrass stick. Pound the lemongrass first to release the smell
- Grill the satay until brownish in colour. I use Happycall pan.
- Serve with hot steamed rice and sambal matah (recipe can be found in my cookpad)
If you find this Balinese Fish Satay (Satay Lilit Ikan) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.