Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you're looking for Sticky Iced Buns recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Sticky Iced Buns recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sticky Iced Buns recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Suggestions To Make Your Diet Better.
Typically, individuals who try to better their diet do so in an effort to get rid of excess weight or improve their overall health. It’s a great idea to make your diet better; however, it’s a difficult task as it takes a lot of commitment to stick to it every day. From personal experience, it can be a bit too much to completely alter your diet, so changing things bit by bit can work better. Merely add in more nutritious foods and phase out junk food. Here are some ways that you can make your diet healthier.
Don’t try to eat big food portions Try to stick with modest portions. Nowadays lots of us binge because we are greedy. In the beginning, we feel very ravenous, but by the time we clean our plate, we have consumed way too much. Bingeing regularly is not a great idea because your stomach will get used to the excess food and you’ll probably gain weight. Don’t cut back on your meal portion sizes right away; simply bring them down in a gradual manner so that your tummy becomes used to it and it’ll then shrink.
Merely by doing little changes to your diet, you can make a great difference to your overall health and also your weight. With such easy tips as these, there’s no reason not to use them.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sticky iced buns recipe. To cook sticky iced buns you only need 27 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Sticky Iced Buns:
- Use 2 mugs any dried Fruit
- Use 2 Earl Grey Teabags
- Provide 2 Dessert Spoons Caster Sugar
- Use 1 Teaspoon Mixed Spice
- You need 1 Pint Boiling Water
- Prepare 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Essence or (I used Vanilla Paste)
- Provide The Yeast Mix
- You need 1/2 pint Lukewarm Water
- Use 1/2 oz Dried Yeast
- Take 1 Teaspoon Castor Sugar
- You need The Dough Mix
- Get 1 LB (4 oz) Strong Bread Flour (plus some for dusting the worktop)
- Get 1 oz Melted Butter
- Provide 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- Get 1 Large Egg
- Prepare 2 oz Castor Sugar (plus a little for dusting later)
- Use 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Essence
- Get 2 Teaspoons Mixed Spice
- Provide The Bun Glaze
- Provide 1/2 Pint Water
- Provide 2 oz Sugar
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon Mixed Spuce
- Provide The Icing
- Use 1 Mug of sieved Icing Sugar
- Provide 1 Egg White
- Get Splash warm water (balanced to create the right texture for piping)
- You need 12 Glacé Cherries to decorate
Steps to make Sticky Iced Buns:
- Pre-soaked fruit is key here, so combine the fruit and boiling water etc and mix well, overnight is recommended but I left mine for 5 hours, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Create your yeast mix, after around 20-30 minutes it will start foaming when it’s ready to use.
- Put the flour into a mixing bowl with all of the dough mix above then add the yeast mix and knead for about 10 minutes, it will become very elasticated and rubbery, It will also look very wet but don’t worry.
- Cover the dough mix with lightly oiled cling film (this prevents it from sticking) and leave the bowl in a warm place like an airing cupboard (I left it on the window sill in the sun). This will prove the dough mix.
- After about 30-45 minutes your dough mix will double in size, put it back to the mixer and knead again for 5 minutes. This really activates the gluten and improves the elasticity and helps create really light buns. Cover and allow to double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees (gas mk 5) I put 2 dishes of boiling water in the bottom of the oven to create a combo oven effect which assists the cooking). Drain your fruit in a sieve.
- Make your bun glaze by bringing the ingredients up to the boil then allow to simmer for 5+ minutes until it thickens slightly. Then set to one side.
- Once your dough has doubled in size again, remove it from the bowl and put it onto a well dusted worktop and knead it into a ball.
- Using a rolling pin roll out your dough into a rectangular shape to about 1cm thick all over.
- Evenly sprinkle your soaked fruit over your dough mix leaving about 1 inch on the top edge.
- Roll the dough like a sausage up to the end, brush it with milk and finish the seal.
- Cut the roll into 1 inch sections and turn them on the side to expose the fruit, ensuring you shape them into rounds.
- Place the little buns on a baking tray (I put mine into a round shape like Chelsea buns), put half a glacé Cherry in the middle and cover with cling film and allow to prove in a warm place. I used my grill top as the oven had warmed it up nicely.
- Once the dough has doubled in size pop them into the oven for about 15 minutes until they have gone golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and immediately brush your buns with the glaze you made earlier.
- Place the buns onto a cooling rack. Once cool, sprinkle a little castor sugar to dust the tops, they can then be iced to finish, that’s it, they are ready to eat, as ever, enjoy.
If you find this Sticky Iced Buns recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.