Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Masoor daal r Khichdi/ Rice and red lentil porridge recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Masoor daal r Khichdi/ Rice and red lentil porridge recipe, you may want to read this short interesting tips about Fish Is Really A Fantastic Food In Order To Help You Remain Healthy.
Increasingly more people every year are looking to begin living healthy, and for many men and women changing what the eat every single day is an important part of this. Foods that are high in fat are in everybody’s diet, and I’m sure you realize that if you would like to start living healthier you are going to have to stop eating these types of foods. Although you need to remove high fat foods you will find the you can add something that is very delicious and that’s different sorts of fish. In the following paragraphs we’re going to be looking at a few of the health advantages which are connected with a adding fish to your daily diet.
Something you are going to find out is that because many folks can’t cook fish properly they don’t wind up including this in their diet. Something you ought to be aware of is that you will find cookbooks available that are dedicated to the preparation and cooking of all different kinds of fish. You’re in addition going to find that many grocery stores right now will wind up preparing the fish for you if you would like to stop and pick it up on your way home from work. You actually do not even need to cook the fish, because you could just make yourself a tuna fish sandwich and still begin obtaining the benefits of eating fish.
Mainly because there so many ways you can end up bringing fish into your daily diet there is no reason you need to not start doing this immediately. Mainly because there are so many different ways to prepare fish, you will never need to worry about becoming bored with eating as much of this as you would like.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to masoor daal r khichdi/ rice and red lentil porridge recipe. To make masoor daal r khichdi/ rice and red lentil porridge you need 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Masoor daal r Khichdi/ Rice and red lentil porridge:
- Prepare 2 cups gobindobhog/basmati rice
- Take 2 cups masoor daal
- Get 1/ 2 large or small onion thinly sliced
- Prepare 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- Get 1 1/2 tablespoon grated garlic
- Provide 3-4 green chilies slit
- Prepare 1 tomato cut into pieces
- Take 2-3 bay leaves
- Use 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- Provide 2 cups cauliflower florets
- Provide 1 potato diced
- Prepare 1/2 cup sugar snap peas
- Provide 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Use 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Get 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Use 1 tablespoon ghee
- Take To taste Salt
- Take 1 teaspoonful of garam masala powder(optional)
- Provide 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Take As needed Hot water
Steps to make Masoor daal r Khichdi/ Rice and red lentil porridge:
- Wash the rice and masoor dal properly and strain the water. Let the rice and daal air-dry.
- Now, take a deep bottomed pan and add the oil. Once the oil is hot add the cumin seeds and bay leaf.
- As the cumin starts spluttering add the potatoes and cauliflowers and saute them for about 3-4 minutes.
- Now add the soaked rice and lentils and saute them.
- Saute them till you see the colour of the rice and lentil change.
- Add the chopped onions, tomatoes, green chilies, grated ginger and garlic, turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder, green peas and cumin powder and salt and saute everything together for about 2 minutes. (In case you are using frozen peas as I did which mostly remain blanched, add the peas later)
- Now add about 8-10 cups of hot water. Cook the rice covered on medium flame till it starts boiling.
- Once it begins to boil, lower the flame and cook the khichuri on mid low flame till all the vegetables and rice are cooked properly. Add more water if necessary. After everything is cooked properly reduce the water to desired consistency. But remember do not make it dry completely as this khichuri should be runny. Add the ghee to the khichuri and turn off the flame.
If you find this Masoor daal r Khichdi/ Rice and red lentil porridge recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.