Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Grandma's focaccia recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Grandma's focaccia recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips To Improve Your Diet.
Many people desire to improve their diet as a way to make their health better or slim down. It’s great to want to modify your diet for the better but it requires serious commitment on your part. It is generally better to alter things gradually as making so many alterations right away can be overwhelming. Simply add in better foods and phase out junk food. Here are some hints for making improvements on your diet.
Try not to eat a lot of huge amounts of sweets. Almost all people like the sweetness that sugar gives to food. It’s tough to altogether do away with sugar in your diet, but you can cut back on how much you eat. Consider consuming fruit or a sugar-free dessert rather than the usual sugar-laden dessert. Try drinking diet sodas instead of the ones that are loaded with sugar.
It’s the tiny things you make to your diet that will help you to be healthier in the long haul. With such uncomplicated suggestions as the ones given earlier, there’s no reason not to use them.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to grandma's focaccia recipe. To cook grandma's focaccia you only need 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Grandma's focaccia:
- Use 350 g plain flour
- Provide 250 g fine semolina
- You need 390 ml warm water
- Use 10 g salt
- Use 5 g sugar
- Prepare 1 potato mashed (150g)
- Get 12 g fresh yeast or 7 g dried yeast
- You need Extra virgin olive oil
- You need Green olives (to taste)
- Get 800 g fresh plum tomato
- Take Origano
Instructions to make Grandma's focaccia:
- Cook and mash the potato and leave it to cool. Once cooled down, start working on the activation of the yeast. Mix the yeast in a little bit of water with some sugar. When the yeast is active add it to the flour, semolina, potato and 250 ml of water in a large bowl. Once all the ingredients are mixed, add the salt. Once combined and you have produced a nice dough, add two spoons of olive oil and keep working the dough.
- At this point you should get a very elastic and hydrated dough. Split the mix in two and put it on two different oven trays which have been brushed with two spoons of olive oil each. Leave them to rise in a warm place for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours flip the dough into 2 round focaccia trays which have been brushed with another two spoons of oil (I did not have them so I used square aluminium trays, they work fine also).
- With your finger push down being careful not to push the air out of the dough.
- Break the tomatoes on the top of the focaccia and pus them on the top of the focaccia, add olives, 4 spoons of olive oil, salt and origano. Cook on a preheated oven at 250 degrees for about 25-30 mins.
- The result will be sensational. Just make sure you use great quality ingredients, especially the olive oil.
If you find this Grandma's focaccia recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.