Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Lentil stew (lentejas) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Lentil stew (lentejas) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lentil stew (lentejas) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips To Improve Your Diet.
People are looking to better their diet ordinarily do so because they want to slim down or be better. It’s great to want to alter your diet for the better but it requires serious commitment on your part. From personal experience, it can be a tad too much to completely alter your diet, so changing things gradually can work better. Try replacing the junk food you eat with healthier options. Read on to see how you can make your diet healthier.
Take in small food portions. Try keeping your food portions small. A lot of us usually eat too much because we simply don’t wish to cease eating. Initially, we feel truly ravenous, but by the time we finish our plate, we have taken in too much. When you consume too much food, your belly expands and starts to need more food to feel full, which in turn can push you to gain weight. The most effective approach is to reduce your portion size bit by bit so that your tummy will become used to it and finally get smaller.
Merely following these five suggestions can make a huge impact on your health and weight. With such uncomplicated tips as the ones mentioned in this article, there’s no reason not to use them.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lentil stew (lentejas) recipe. You can cook lentil stew (lentejas) using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Lentil stew (lentejas):
- You need 250 gr. lentils
- Take 1 chorizo (or a few slices if you can't get a small sausage-shaped one)
- Get 100 gr. serrano ham
- Use 1 large onion
- Use 1 small glass of red wine
- Take 2 cloves (optional)
- Use 1 red pepper (optional)
- You need Half a small glass of olive oil
- You need 1 bayleaf
- You need 2 large carrots
- You need 3 small potatoes
- Take 2 cloves garlic
- You need 1 pinch saffron
- Prepare fresh parsley
- Prepare salt and pepper
Steps to make Lentil stew (lentejas):
- Soak the lentils for half an hour. Even though small lentils in packets usually don't need soaking, Spanish women tend to soak anyway
- Cut the ham and chorizo into dice-shaped pieces. Peel and wash the carrots and potatoes. Slice the carrots and halve the potatoes (unless they are very small). Wash and slice a small red pepper (optional).
- Drain the lentils and put them in a saucepan. Add enough water to cover them and add the ham, chorizo, carrots, potatoes, bayleaf, pepper, parsley, a little salt, saffron and wine. Also add the cloves if you want the lentils to have a slightly spicey air to them. Put the pan over a low heat and cover.
- Slice the onion and garlic and fry, stirring all the time. After a minute or so, add the sliced red pepper. This is optional and adds a slightly sweet flavour to the lentejas. When soft, add to the other ingredients in the saucepan.
- Let the lentil stew simmer for at least 40 minutes. Boil off any excess liquid at the end.
- Vegetarian Spanish lentils: To make a vegetarian version of Spanish lentil soup, just substitute the chorizo and ham for more vegetables. We recommend adding a little celery (not the leaves), 3 artichokes (without the stalk and outer leaves and cut into halves), 100gr wild mushrooms (if you can get any, otherwise normal ones, washed and sliced), a sprig of rosemary, a piece of lemon peel and a pinch of nutmeg and a pinch of sweet paprika. Put all of these into the saucepan in step 3. You may also like to add a vegtable stock cube.
If you find this Lentil stew (lentejas) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.