Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Creamy Garlic Mushrooms on Toast, (with a poached egg) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Creamy Garlic Mushrooms on Toast, (with a poached egg) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Your Diet Better With These Tips.
People looking to make improvements on their diet ordinarily do so because they want to or be healthier. It’s a great idea to make your diet better; still, it’s not an easy undertaking as it takes a lot of commitment to follow it day in day out. From personal experience, it can be a bit too much to totally change your diet, so changing things little by little can work better. Try to substitute better foods for a few of your preferred junk food snacks. Here are some ways that you can make your diet better.
Try not to eat a lot of huge amounts of sugar. The sweet taste of sugar is one that most of us really enjoy. You can’t truly get rid of sugar from your diet but you can at least cut back on your sugar intake. When selecting a dessert, choose something with less sugar content or even better eat some fruit. Drink diet sodas rather than high-sugar sodas.
It’s the tiny adjustments you make to your diet that will help you to be healthier in the long haul. These suggestions are so simple you should have no problem executing them.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to creamy garlic mushrooms on toast, (with a poached egg) recipe. You can have creamy garlic mushrooms on toast, (with a poached egg) using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Creamy Garlic Mushrooms on Toast, (with a poached egg):
- Use Serves: 1 person
- Use 160 g closed cap mushrooms, sliced,
- Take 1-2 slices wholemeal bread of your choice,
- Provide Salted butter or diary free alternative, for the toast,
- Provide Frylight or 1tbsp vegetable/sunflower oil for frying,
- You need 1 clove garlic, crushed finely, OR 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Use 1 and a 1/2 tsp of dried chives,
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp plain light cream cheese (or garlic & herb flavour),
- Take Salt and pepper to season
- You need Optional:
- Take 1 poached egg. Instructions on how to poach egg at end of recipe
Steps to make Creamy Garlic Mushrooms on Toast, (with a poached egg):
- Heat a medium pan over a high heat and add Frylight so it covers entire base of the saucepan. (Or if using regular oil add that and swill it around to coat the base in a thin layer).
- Add the garlic and fry for 20 seconds then add the sliced mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the sliced bread in the toaster at your desired setting. Stir the mushrooms and garlic until they shrink down by half and then add the cream cheese. Turn the heat down low now so it doesn't split.
- Allow the cream cheese to melt into the saucepan and then stir through the mushrooms. Turn off the heat. Add 1tsp of chives, stir again to combine.
- Remove toast from the toaster and butter it. Place onto a plate. Remove the mushrooms from the heat and allow to cool for 30-40 seconds. Spoon the creamy garlicky mushroom mix over the toast, garnish with remaining chives.
- To take this dish up a level I sometimes like to top with a poached egg, this makes it extra delicious. To poach egg, gently add an egg to a bowl careful not to break the yolk, bring a small saucepan of water to a gentle rolling boil and add a tiny bit of white white vinegar.
- Using a timer, add the egg gently and remove after two minutes with a slotted spoon. Touch the top of the egg to feel if it's slightly firm to the touch and the white is cooked through. Gently place on a piece of kitchen towel to remove water. Season with salt. Then add on top of your mushrooms on toast.
If you find this Creamy Garlic Mushrooms on Toast, (with a poached egg) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.