Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Kedgeree with brown lentils - Mauritian style recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Kedgeree with brown lentils - Mauritian style recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kedgeree with brown lentils - Mauritian style recipe, you may want to read this short interesting tips about Adding Fish To Your Diet Can Be An Incredibly Healthy Choice.
There a lot of folks right now that are looking to live a healthier life, and this is in fact going to begin with the foods that you end up eating every single day. Foods which are high in fat are in everybody’s diet, and I am certain you realize that if you want to begin living healthier you’re going to have to stop eating these kinds of foods. Of course something you could add to your diet to be able to start living healthier would be various types of fish and seafood. On this page we’re going to be looking at a number of the health advantages which are connected with a adding fish to your daily diet.
You might be one of the individuals who actually do not understand how to cook fish properly in order to enjoy it, and you are also going to find that this is one of the major reasons that a lot of men and women don’t incorporate fish into their daily routine. Even if you can’t cook fish this is something which you can learn because there are lots of different recipes and cook books available right now which are focused on fish preparation. If you do not want to figure out how to cook fish but still want to get this into your diet you’re going to find that many stores right now that sell fish will actually cook it for you so you are able to just bring it home for dinner. You actually do not even need to cook the fish, since you could just make yourself a tuna fish sandwich and still begin getting the advantages of eating fish.
Because there so many ways you are able to wind up bringing fish into your daily diet there is no reason you need to not start doing this immediately. Because there are so many different methods to prepare fish, you are going to never have to worry about becoming bored with eating as much of this as you would like.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to kedgeree with brown lentils - mauritian style recipe. To make kedgeree with brown lentils - mauritian style you need 18 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Kedgeree with brown lentils - Mauritian style:
- Use 1 cup rice
- Get 1/2 cup brown lentils (boiled) or Mung Dhal
- Use 1 medium size onion - chopped
- You need 1 small leek - sliced
- Use 1 carrot - cut into cubed
- Use 1 courgette - cut into cubes
- Get Small piece of butternut squash or pumpkin -cut into small cubes
- Provide 1 Tbs ghee to cook and little extra to add to the finished dish
- Prepare 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- Get leaves Few curry
- Use 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- Get 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- Use 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- Take 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- You need leaves Few bay
- Use 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- Provide Bunch fresh coriander - chopped
- Get Note you can add other vegetables of your choice
Instructions to make Kedgeree with brown lentils - Mauritian style:
- Start by pre-cooking the lentils and rice.
- Wash the lentils and rice, place in a pressure cooker with enough water, season with salt.
- Add bay leaves and cook until one whistle. Remove from hob and set aside.
- In a deep heavy pan, add ghee and oil place on medium heat.
- Add onion, chopped leek and cook for one minute.
- Leaving on low heat, add the spices and cook slowly to avoid them burning.
- Add the chopped vegetables. Season with salt, cover and leave to cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add the pre-cooked rice and lentils to the vegetables.
- Add some water or vegetable stick if it's too thick.
- Cover and leave to simmer for another 15-20 minutes.
- Stirring in between to allow through cooking.
- Taking care not to vigorously stirring otherwise you will end up with a mushy dish.
- Check to seek if all cooked. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Turn the heat off, add the remaining ghee followed by the chopped coriander.
- Cover and leave to rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve warm on its own or with a nice chutney of your choice.
If you find this Kedgeree with brown lentils - Mauritian style recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.